Bepotelkh grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable limited license, subject to the limitations in these Terms, to access and use the site and related services for your own non-commercial entertainment purposes. You agree to not use the site for any other purpose.
By accessing or using the site , you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained on the site are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
These TOS can and will change at any time without the need of notification.
Code of Conduct
- Users will register and use only one account to participate in Bepotelkh. Alternate accounts, such as ARPG-specific deviantART or Toyhou.se accounts, must clearly indicate the main account and may not be used to register more than one account on the Bepotelkh site.
- Soliciting gifts, handouts, or otherwise requesting goods without offering proper compensation in any Bepotelkh space, including, but not limited to, the gallery, the Discord server, or the deviantART group, is not permitted.
- Comments, names, descriptions, literature, or other user-entered data that are abusive, aggressive, personally insulting, threatening, or discriminatory are not tolerated.
- Harassment of other users is not tolerated. This includes, but is not limited to, abusive language, callouts, spamming, or encouraging other users to target an individual by proxy (this includes off-site). If you have concerns about another user or staff member, please come to one of us to discuss it first.
- Impersonating another user or a staff member is not tolerated.
- Characters created in-game are not to be portrayed as "evil" or abusive in any way. Characters can have negative character traits, be grumpy, etc. without being "evil". Creating works with characters from Bepotelkh that include any kind of sexual abuse is grounds for an immediate ban of the user upon discovery.
- Characters created in-game with disabilities/mental illness are allowed, but must be realistic portrayals; no "crazy psycho" characters or other ableist tropes. Disabled characters should not be made in poor taste and will be assessed on a case by case basis.
- Disrespecting or blocking moderators will result in a warning and then, upon second infraction, a ban. Blocking Herboreal or Nopal is an immediate ban. If we cannot communicate with you, you are no longer welcome to participate in our game.
- Use of any kind of AI generated art or prose is strictly prohibited. All prompts are expected to have human authorship only.
Even if it is not listed here, we may still decide that an action is warning/ban worthy.
Purchase of a Bepotelkh character grants you the following:
- If applicable, the original artwork file in PNG format that you may use for online personal purposes. You are bound by the Terms of Service of the artist(s) of the original artwork.
- The ability to use the character for all personal purposes, including, but not limited to; posting to other sites with proper credit, commissioning art (any media), roleplay, personal art, etc. You may not make or sell merchandise of the character.
- The ability to use the character in other settings and worlds than the world of Bepotelkh.
- The ability to use the character design for other closed species designs provided that all such related designs and characters are transferred together when traded, sold, gifted, or otherwise change ownership.
- The ability to trade or gift the character at your discretion if the character masterlist entry is marked as such, provided that new owners are aware of, and agree to, these Terms.
- The ability to sell the character at your discretion if the character masterlist entry is marked as such, provided that new owners are aware of, and agree to, these Terms. Characters originating via trade, raffle, or events may not be resold for any price, but may be traded if the character masterlist entry is marked as such.
- The ability to alter the appearance of the character provided that the appropriate application items, if applicable, are used.
- The ability to void/remove the character from Bepotelkh at your discretion (please send a request to void your characters). Please note that this will remove their status as a Bepotelkh species and disqualify them from being used as such. Regardless of status as an official character, designs by Herboreal, Nopal, or various official artists may not be used for commercial purposes and legal action will be taken if this is discovered. This includes selling any merchandise or prints of said characters in any form or reselling additional forms of the character at a higher price. Voided characters become general designs and are thus subject to Herboreal's general TOS.
Artists retain the following:
- The ability to use original art edited at their discretion to promote themselves and their art to other sites, including, but not limited to, advertising commissions, portfolio, or branding.
You may not:
- Transfer ownership of a Bepotelkh character without notifying the recipient of these Terms and the status of the character as a closed species character.
- Transfer ownership of a Bepotelkh character without transferring ownership of the character on this site.
- Transfer or attempt to transfer ownership of a Bepotelkh character received in trade without completing your half of the trade first.
- Design or create characters purporting to be a Bepotelkh species without permission.
- Participate in Bepotelkh features including, but not limited to, breeding, prompts, or events using non-Bepotelkh species unless otherwise stated. You may include non-Bepotelkh species in your work and stories as side or additional characters.
- Claim ownership of any part of the information, features, assets, or characters Bepotelkh that do not belong to you.
- Use a Bepotelkh character to express discrimination or hate speech in any form.
Ownership Transfers (Bepotelkh)
- Characters originally purchased from Herboreal, including, but not limited to, flatsale or auction, may be traded or sold for any price.
- Characters originally purchased from guest artist sales may be traded or sold according to the individual artist's Terms of Service.
- Characters originally received as a gift directly from Herboreal, including, but not limited to, customs or Make Your Own (MYO) slots, may be traded or sold for any price (unless voided, in which case they have a value of $0, which cannot be added to via creating additional forms).
- Characters originally received as a prize from a Bepotelkh event, including, but not limited to, Draw to Adopt (DTA) or Write to Adopt (WTA) events, raffles, or contests, may only be traded or gifted. Characters received as a prize may not be transferred for 90 days after the prize announcement and delivery of the design.
Make-Your-Own (MYO) Characters
- MYO characters that were originally purchased with gildes or real life currency may be traded or sold for any price.
- You may not make characters purchased with gildes for the express purpose of selling them. This includes, but is not limited to, Make Your Own (MYO) characters, bred fawns, and gilde customs.
- MYO characters that were originally free, including, but not limited to, MYO characters obtained from events and MYO slots obtained from raffles, contests, or other Bepotelkh activities, may not be traded or sold until they have been unlocked. Users may unlock MYO characters in one of the following ways:
- Purchase the MYO at the cost of creating a new MYO character with the same subtype and traits.
- Purchase a base transfer from Herboreal.
- MYO characters made using Herboreal's base may not be resold.
- MYO and Prize Characters may be traded in for a MYO slot of equal value; for example, a bepotelkh with two rare traits and one gilde trait may be traded in for a common MYO slot with two rare traits and one gilde trait of your choice. Additional traits may be purchased and applied as normal.
- Users may trade in one MYO or Prize Character every other month.
- MYO Characters obtained via trade-in may not be traded in.
Please note that traded-in characters may be discarded, redesigned and raffled, or raffled as-is. Please do not trade in characters you do not want discarded, redesigned, or redistributed.