If two well-intentioned adult elkh make an offering to Aiti, She will bless them with a fawn of their own regardless of the parents' genders, subtypes, or locations. The fawn will inherit their traits and their colors from one or both parents, although there are items that can alter the outcome of a breeding.
Table of Contents
- Breeding Items
- Fawn Limitations
- How to Breed
- Growing Your Fawns
Fawns inherit colors from one or both parents, either exact colors or colors obtained by mixing the parent colors together.
The traits your fawn may inherit include:
- Rare traits
You may choose any two of these traits to keep from the parents. The rest of the fawn's traits are randomly inherited from the parents:
- 50% probability of inheritance if one parent has the trait.
- 100% probability of inheritance if both parents have the trait.
- 33% probability of hybrid if both parents are different subtypes. Aitielkh and sono aitielkh do not produce hybrids with non-aitielkh elkh.
Fawns that have only one sonoelkh parent will always result in a sono hybrid.
- If the other parent is a hybrid the two subspecies of the hybrid will be rolled against eachother.
- If both parents are hybrids all three subspecies that are not sono will be rolled against eachother.
- You do not need to pick sono hybrid as one of your kept traits, if applicable (see above senarios) you may pick the other subspecies it will be hybridized with as one of your kept traits.
- If one parent is a sono and the other is a sono hybrid it will always result in a sono hybrid.
Chimera may occur naturally, but has an increased chance of appearing in a fawn if one or both parents has chimerism. You may request not to have your fawn rolled for random chimerism.
- 2% probability if neither parent has chimerism.
- 20% probability if one or both parents have chimerism.
Restricted traits are not heritable.
Most elkh traits are not restricted for aitielkh and sono aitielkh and may not appear on their masterlist entries. In this case, users may still keep a trait from the aitielkh or sono aitielkh parent provided the trait is recognizable on the aitielkh or sono aitielkh parent and is found as an existing trait.
Non-aitielkh fawns with one aitielkh or sono aitielkh parent will inherit only natural or desaturated colors from the aitielkh or sono aitielkh parent. Since markings are not a trait on aitielkh, if the fawn of an aitielkh and regular bep results in a regular bep fawn, the FIRST TWO marking traits are automatically passed down and all other marking traits are left up to chance unless the player requests to keep them (you can still only keep two traits of your choosing unless you have the resin incense item).
Breeding Items can change the outcome of your breeding! This includes adding an additional color to your fawn, choosing an additional trait to keep, and more! You can find these items and their uses listed in the encyclopedia.
Fawns may not:
- Participate in Prompts not marked specifically for fawns.
- Earn a Working Permit
How to Breed
- Purchase a Fawn Breeding.
- Submit a Claim (instructions follow).
- Wait for your fawn to be rolled and ticket made on the MYO Masterlist.
- Design your fawn. All fawns are Make-Your-Own (MYO) and do not come with a design. You may design them yourself or commission an artist for the artwork.
Instructions on how to submit a claim
Hit the Submit button in the right hand corner and select Submit claim. In the Comments section write which two traits you'd like to be automatically given to the fawn (if any) . If you are using any breeding items please state which one you're using and how you'd like it used. If Applicable, please make sure you have the owner's permission before breeding their characters.
Scroll past rewards and select "Add Character" input your character's Character code. Their information should pop up automatically. Ignore the "add rewards" buttons
Scroll down to Add-ons and select "Your Inventory", use the search functions to find your Fawn Breeding ticket. Make sure to select the check box or else it will not go through. (If you are using any breeding items this is where you would add and select them).
Scroll to the very bottom and hit "Submit"
Once submitted a mod will use a RNG to roll your fawn's traits and then upload a MYO ticket under your name with said traits. At that point you may design your character and submit for approval via the ticket under the settings: Submit MYO design.
Growing your Fawns
There are a few ways you may grow your fawn into an adult:
- Complete all 4 "Coming of Age" prompts. OR
- Purchase a fawn growth for 20 gildes from the General Shop. OR
- Commission Herboreal or other official designer for a fawn growth.
Here are some examples of what to expect from a breeding! Please note that the rarity of a trait or marking does not affect the chances of a fawn inheriting it.
Markings: Reverse, Spot
Mane: Standard, Ombre Mane
Other: Eyebrow, Freckle, Double braids
Markings: Fade, Spot, Sock
Mane/fur: Wavy, Ombre mane, Angora
Other: Beard, Single braids, Dutch
Markings: Fade (parent 2), Spot (both parents), Sock (parent 2)
Mane/fur: Wavy (parent 2), Ombre mane (both parents)
Tail: Long (parent 1)
Antlers: Singharine (parent 2)
Ears: Standard (parent 1)
Other: Eyebrow (parent 1), Single braids (parent 2), Dutch (parent 2)
Flower crown: Trailing arbutus, chicory, aquamarine.
Other: Metallic pattern (rare); overgrown mane (restricted).
Markings: Fade (uncommon), piebald (uncommon), spot (common), stars of aiti (restricted)
Mane: Extra fluffy (rare)
Tail: Standard (common)Antlers: Running candelabra (uncommon)
Ears: Lamb (uncommon)
Other: Freckle, eyering
(traits requested by player: Aitielkh species, Ramosis antlers)
Mane: Standard (parent 1)
Tail: Standard (parent 2)
Antlers: Ramosis (parent 1)
Ears: Long (parent 1)
Flower crown: TBD
(traits requested by player: unicorn tail, lamb ears)
Markings: Fade (parent 2)+ Piebald (parent 2)
Mane: Extra Fluffy (parent 2)
Tail: Unicorn (parent 1)
Antlers: Ramosis (parent 1)
Ears: Lamb (parent 2)
Other: Standard facial marking